The Giphoscope is the world first Handmade Motion Photo Frame entirely handcrafted in Italy by Alessandro Scali and Marco Calabrese at Officina K, Turin. The Giphoscope is an interactive sculpture that combines technology from the 19th and 21st centuries and turns GIFs, short videos and even a single picture into a breathtaking, hand-cranked work of art.
Based on the Mutoscope created by Herman Casler in the 1890s, the Giphoscope follows the same principle as the flip book:
a sequence of images on a Rolodex-style wheel with a handle that you can turn to 'flip' them.
- - -
Il Giphoscope è la prima cornice fotodinamica al mondo, interamente costruita a mano in Italia da Alessandro Scali e Marco Calabrese presso l'Officina K di Torino. Il Giphoscope è una scultura interattiva che unisce tecnologie del 19mo e 21mo secolo, digitale e analogico, trasformando brevi clip video, GIF animate e anche una singola fotografia in un pezzo d'arte e design unico e personalizzabile.
The machine is entirely handmade with passion, patience and precision in Italy, from materials such as marble or italian fine woods for the stand, plus titanium and/or gold, silver, brass, aluminum for the metallic structure.
It’s a totally unique and artistic way to bring a digital short video to analog life and create a magical, perpetual emotion. The possibilities are pretty endless with The Giphoscope, as you could have it on display in events, fairs and exhibitions, as well as in art galleries, exhibitions, hotels, showrooms, houses, offices, concept stores just as you would a sculpture or painting. More than this, The Giphoscope is a perfect tailor made gift to celebrate very special moments in life such as a birth, a wedding, a birthday, or to showcase any message you have in mind.
- Conceived, designed and hancrafted by Marco Calabrese
- Tailor made.
- Metallic structure in brass or aluminium;
marble or italian fine woods for the stand.
- Dimensions: 17,5 x 17 x 13 cm.
- Displays a sequence of 24 images.
The Giphoscope: unique gift, handmade gift, birthday gift, personalized gift, business gift, wedding gift, anniversary gift, corporate gift, love gift, perfect gift, unusual gift, original gift, cool gift, gift for her, gift for him, gift for men, luxury gift, creative gift,
- concepito, sviluppato e costruito a mano da Alessandro Scali
e Marco Calabrese presso Officina K, Torino
- costruito su misura
- struttura metallica in alluminio oppure ottone;
basi in legno o marmo
- dimensioni: 17,5 x 17 x 13 cm.
- basato su una sequenza di 24 immagini The Giphoscope: unique gift, handmade gift, birthday gift, personalized gift, business gift, wedding gift, anniversary gift, corporate gift, love gift, perfect gift, unusual gift, original gift, cool gift, gift for her, gift for him, gift for men, luxury gift, creative gift,